Rescheduled wildflower seeding is on this Sunday from 2pm so come and find out more about the project on York Lodge Fields.
- We are due rain in the morning , but don't be deterred - it will dampen the ground and make our job easier.
- We will rake off any remaining cuttings and heap them into a compost pile - bring a rake if you have one.
- We will split the wildflower seed and the plot between us - bring a small bucket or container and a stick or garden cane to use as a marker - if you have one.
- We will rough up the ground with a rake, trowel or hand tool of choice to create small pockets of bare ground across the plot and then sprinkle and trample the seed onto the ground.
- There is plenty of 'yellow rattle' seed in the mix which will flower next year, as well as vetches, trefoils and common spotted orchids which may take a few years to flower.
Ann will bring a bag of Bramley apples if anyone fancies some and if you have spare fruit or veg to share that would be wonderful.
Please walk to the site, just over the cattle grid behind International Timber, or park in Folly Rd or Crown Lane.